Based in Vancouver, BC
Windows Phone 8
Additional Platforms Coming Soon
The Veil is a mobile adventure game in the frozen abyss. After 200 years, the treacherous arctic region of the Glass Veil has re-opened. Enter the eerie, atmospheric blue void, and discover the fate of the voyage of the Seymour. Lose yourself in the serene, peaceful beauty of the ice and rock as you piece together the story of Ella and her crew as they attempt to escape to Olus Astrum - the New World.
The game was initially pitched for AppCampus, focusing on immersive gameplay and a short-form, episodic format suited to the daily commute. Created by former theatre artists Matt Marshall and Christine Clark, The Veil was inspired by the imagery of the Canadian arctic and the lost voyages of the Northwest Passage. As the design evolved, we began examining indie success stories Dear Esther and Gone Home, and looked to how we could explore narratology-focused game design in a mobile format.
- Rich, immersive environments to explore and discover.
- Two chapters at launch, with more in production.
- Dynamic ambient soundtrack by award-winning Wrench (Unmechanical) combined with audio design by Power-Up Audio (Towerfall).
- 15-25 minute chapter format is perfect for short play sessions on the bus or on break.
- Relaxing, story-focused gameplay organically woven into a beautiful underwater world.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "AppCampus Award" Espoo, Finland, 2 February, 2013
- "Chartboost University participant" San Francisco, USA, 11-18 October, 2013
- "The Veil is soaking you into the eerie ambiance of the underwater abyss"
- Chris Priestman, Pocket Gamer
- "We were incredibly impressed by Wayward’s game, The Veil."
- Stephanie Lin, Chartboost
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Coming Soon from www.wrench.se.
Wayward is a game development studio and collective based in Vancouver, Canada. We aim to produce interactive works of art with a high standard of aesthetics and storytelling, and an awareness of the larger discourse and discussions within the medium.
More information on Wayward, our logo & relevant media are available here.
The Veil Credits
Director / Creative Director, Wayward
Director / Producer, Wayward
Additional Art, Freelancer
Additional Design, Freelancer
Sound and Engineering